Read these fun tips that will help you feel like a film festival pro – whether this is your first or your hundredth film festival!
- Wear your pass proudly. It is colorful. It is comfortable. It makes you look cool.
- Keep your program in your back pocket. We designed it to fit in both skinny jeans and Wranglers.
- Check the website and mobile IFF app frequently for possible changes in the schedule.
App Coming Soon
- Bring friends to see the shorts* program on Thursday at Waterway Square.
- Get in the line for your chosen film at least 20-30 minutes EARLY.
- Put your phone away and TALK to the people in line around you! They are your neighbors. The ones you sometimes wave to on your way in and out of the neighborhood. Ask them what they have seen. Tell them what you liked. Create a buzz.
- If the theater looks like it’s filling up, grab the first seats you see. If you’re with a group of friends and family, be prepared to sit apart.
- Enjoy the film. Enjoy the feelings. Real men DO cry a little.
- When the film is over, show some love! Chances are, the filmmaker or star of the story is in the audience. Clap, cheer, whoop like a Texan!
- If the emcee tells you there will be a special guest — Don’t Leave! You’re in for something special. We have some real heroes in the house who would love to answer your questions.
- After the film, when you’re feeling warm and fuzzy, use our amazing IFF app to connect you to an organization represented in the story or a corresponding local group. With the tap of a button, you will be able to MAKE A DIFFERENCE by requesting information, volunteering or DONATING to the cause!
*Shorts are films lasting 5-15 min. They are not tiny movies. They are big stories that can be told in a short amount of time."